Posted to rec.woodworking

Default outdoor lumber rack

Electric Comet wrote in
news

putting more old lumber to use and making an outdoor rack for the
rougher stuff

it will be exposed to air but not rain or sun

one thing undecided is what to put the legs on

options are

premade concrete footings

pour footings just like for fence posts

just place a cinder block under each

or some bricks

putting them right on the soils is a no go

I had a bunch of wood on cinder blocks. It was all good stuff from the
Home Depot cull cart. One of my biggest issues was digging through it
until I got to what I wanted. Those large boards on the bottom are
still there--just too much work. Just something to keep in mind with
any wood storage.

Puckdropper