Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default milk frother

On 30/11/17 11:14, wrote:
On Thursday, 30 November 2017 11:00:08 UTC, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

These motors are churned out un vast numbers in far east factories
by the likes of mabuchi, sagami etc etc.

The voltage rating is practically irrelevanyt. In reality motors do
not have a voltage rating. They have a current rating, a maxium
heat dissipation, an RPM per volt rating, and an RPM limit, and a
brush and bearing wear limit.

Fan torque goes up rapidly as rpm increases.

Cube law I think on my model planes. Can't remember, Certainly at least
square law.

Current is proportional to torque. Thus by feeding the thing more
volts he's also feeding it more amps.

Correct.

Thus it can run for less time.

Non reliable sequitur. All depends on how near the limit it is. My whole
point is that motors that are muppet proof and can probably be safely
stalled on 3V are, provided you understand what you ate doing, probably
fine at 24V if you gear them down, and probvably fine at 6V of you don't
stall them.

Typically handheld kitchen appliances already have short duty cycle
ratings.

So do model planes :-)

one hour to charge, 5 minutes flying time.

NT

--
€œIt is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.€

Thomas Sowell