Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Thursday, 30 November 2017 15:11:10 UTC, Roger Hayter wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:

It's similar to the one below but was brought about 10 years or so ago.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brennenstuh...attage-current
/dp/B00I068ZEE

I doubt it really reaches either 49.5 or 50.5 Hz. I think your meter is
wrong. Either way, it is an absolute certainty that your kettle did
*not* change the frequency in any way detectable by any practical
instrument.

I agree I can't see how it could have other than the meter it's self throwing a wobbley or not being the most accurate ever made.

Now lets see if you can work this out.

Using the maplin power meter I get a voltage of 209V

Using the meter below I get 212V
https://www.rapidonline.com/328a-dig...imeter-86-3177

Using the meter below I get 210V
https://www.rapidonline.com/digital-...8-lcd--85-0721

Using our ~20 year old true RMS meter
Using the meter below I get 207V
https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/a...8-a76700e1c839

Using the meter below I get 214V, flickers between 0.04 and 0.05 KHz.
https://www.rapidonline.com/atp-dm-6...imeter-90-6561

So I;m not expecting super accurate results from a 10 year old maplin power meter with two digets for frequency.