Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Thursday, 30 November 2017 14:06:55 UTC, charles wrote:

You don't understand much about meters do you. This is a two digit
display so it shows an average over time. So all it can display 49Hz 50Hz
51Hz etc...

so if the freuency is 50.5Hz it's display 50 for a second then 51 for a
second. At home and work it does the same although at work is only
displays 51 for about 1 in 5 or so seconds.

The mains frequency doesn't change like that.

What do you mean like that ? Like what ?

And it rarely gets to 51.5Hz

I;'ve NEVER seen it get to 51.5Hz and I;ve never said it gets to 51.5Hz
so where are you getting those figures from ?

except occasionally in the middle of the night to make up for a spell of
49.5 during the day.

So what would a two digit meter display at these times ?