Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 03:55:50 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 30 November 2017 08:33:15 UTC, Martin Brown wrote:

snip

OK here's the resitances at cold of the relivant parts.
at 240V at 230V (the speicifed operational volatge)
I 66.4R 867W 797W
II 44.9R 1283W 1178W
III 27.1R 2125W 1952W

where's the 1300W you speak off, closest is at 240V,

Ding!

See, *everyone else* would refer to such things with their optimum
values, you know, when it was plugged into any other supply here in
the UK (as this is a UK newsgroup), not your substandard setup.

snip

So tell me what voltage you'd need to get this 1300W and what would then be the rated power of the heater at that voltage.

He just did (and you acknowledged)? There is a good chance that this
heater was *designed* to be run from 240V and just re badged to say
220-230. My mini rads say 220-240V.

snip

The combination III where the device is supposed to output 2kW on a
decent mains supply.

Define a decent mains supply .

Any other supply in the country that's not yours?

How long would you expect this 2kW output to be maintained from this decent supply. ?

On a cheap heater and not outside or in front of a fan, about two
hours. What did I win? ;-)

snip

So we have an engineering lab staffed by people who are too dumb to
figure out for themselves how to make the place comfortably warm!

It is not our job to make the place comfortably warm

Just as well eh!

Cheers, T i m