Posted to rec.woodworking
Iggy Iggy is offline

Default Cypress Chair Design Errors, Maybe

replying to Sonny, Iggy wrote:
I think it's recoverable and even not bad at all for a Rustic intention. I
think I might play with it to end up at a final result for the rest of the
chairs. Yes, I agree that the legs and back should be taller or longer. But,
you can simply put feet on the legs, like a Ball and Claw sort of thing or
even join the fronts and backs with a Sled Runner under them.

And, you can Scroll-Cut or Thin-Down the top backrest board and simply put on
a Crown or Fan or U-Bend (cut-out) rail a few or more inches higher. I've had
a number of chairs in my life that had vertical and horizontal sections in
their backrests. Doing stuff like that may very well put the seat and entire
chair back into appealing proportions.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...be-812652-.htm