Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Final tale on new Trex deck

On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 14:00:10 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

It was a week ago, guy parks on street, steps out of car with a
clipboard while I was in the drive way and says he's the county tax
assessor and needs to look at my deck.

All OK and no extra taxes on property as it replaced existing deck and
all building permits were in order.

Nice guy. I told him I did not like people like him and he said he
didn't either.

They have to come out and when they do they often find new additions and
the like done without required permits.

I did (had it done) an inside job with no permit. I did require the
contractor to provide all the details, like materials list, statement
of work, etc. When I sold the house the buyer (a real estate agent)
accepted the docs. It would have been rather easy to get the permit
late and pay a penalty to the county.

(new sig file :-)

--
" I told him I did not like people like him and he said he
didn't either." -- Frank