Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Wednesday, 29 November 2017 16:32:58 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 13:38:10 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

whisky-dave wrote:

What I don't understand is why a 1.3KW heater would be better than a
2KW at giving out heat.

It *might* be better, if. e.g. the 1.3kW can operate at 100% duty cycle,
but the 2kW keeps hitting its overtemp stat and operates on less than a
65% duty cycle.

The other thing that came to mind is that he would probably get more
heat out of the radS with them all on.

what if we ran it at 240V rather than 215V or 202V ?
would it be better or worse at providing heat. ?

So what is the optimium volage for a 2KW heater ?

(and potentially maintaining)
the 1300W element than with them all trying to run both (at ~2kW
total) because of the voltage drop from the crap power supply.

So run it at 110V then it is highly unlikely it'll NEVER cut out.
But if it does..
back to the 9V battery so it definanlty won't ever overheat.

And with that supply he'll probably be getting as much heat out of the
ring main as he will the heaters themselves. ;-)

didn;t seem to be the case afer a couple of hours.

Cheers, T i m