Posted to alt.home.repair
Massoud Massoud is offline

Default switch with indicator light - no neutral

wrote in
:

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 18:14:03 GMT, Iggy
m wrote:

replying to Oumati Asami, Iggy wrote:
There's no 220v switches, lighted or not, that I know of. Your best
bet is to use one of these indicator lights (
https://www.amazon.com/Power-Indicat.../dp/B00DUW2NSC
) in-line somewhere and mounted in a single-gang box with a cover
plate that you drilled for the indicator.

My bet is he is not in the US, expand your horizons.
In New Zealand, 220v lighted switches are everywhere.
Typically lighted switches were lit through the load but about 15
years ago NFPA and the testing labs suddenly decided "off" was not
really off since there was still current flowing in the circuit and
these switches were delisted. Previously the acceptable current was
around a half an MA (500 microamps).
In the last couple of cycles the NEC requires a neutral be brought to
all switching locations, just for this reason.

And copper companies made millions!