Posted to alt.home.repair

Default LED bulbs won't turn off in outdoor light/motion sensor base.

On 11/26/2017 01:14 PM, Toolworker wrote:
replying to swak.leete, Toolworker wrote:
I have an X10 PR511 floodlight unit that's driving me nuts. Most cycles,
the
lamps in the unit remain on. I replaced it with another one bought on
eBay and
it fails similarly.Â* I did have one LED and one CF bulb in it.Â* I'll
replace
the CF with an incandescent and report back.

Most X10 devices will turn on when the load has been removed and
reapplied. This was a feature (local ON) with incandescent lights, but
electronic devices (including LEDs) actually do turn off for parts of
the AC cycle and this can cause the X10 device to turn on again.

I think there's a simple way to fix that, but don't have the information
for that one.

[snip]

--
28 days until the winter celebration (Monday December 25, 2017 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The church is a bank that is continually receiving deposits but never
pays a dividend." [Lemuel K. Washburn, _Is The Bible Worth Reading And
Other Essays_]