Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Monday, 27 November 2017 13:24:38 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 04:07:19 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

There will always be 'potential' issues about everything.

No there won't.

So why were these heaters always a potential issue ?

Because *you* noticed a functional anomaly from the get go.

And that functional anomaly has now be confurmed to be operating as it should according to the productinfo people whom I;d assume know more about their product specs than sales.

But as there wasn't a fault

How do you know?

No one has found one.

So that means one can't exist it your mind does it (to say 'there
wasn't a fault')?

There's a fault in your head too have you got proof there aren't any ?

I think the heaters are working exactly as they were designed to work no fault.
Would yuo really send them back and then send the replacements back and then sent the second set of replacements back, and teh 3rd and the 4th.
Because according to you they have a fault.

Threr;s only one fault and it's in your head.

Or saving a few lives ... only time will tell now eh.

And if your version of tech support is anything to go by.

And if your (first) version of tech support is anything to go by?

The first thing is to satiffy the customer and to make sure the person reading the email can;t be blammed for not saying send the faulkty product back.
Then they ask someone that knows what they are doing someone with an actual skill or someone that can read a manual or actually think, or they can contact those that make the product.

I was happy with the PAT tester who tests the equipment for electric safety.

And I never had any thoughts regarding their electrical safety.

So why contact tech support if there wasn't a problem ?

To make sure there wasn't.

and yuor tech suppoort said return then

LIAR!

Short mememory haven't you. whoever you said you contacted suggested they should be returned.

where as my productinfo said they are designe dto switch down to 700W.

Yes, so they say.

So for me there's no problem then, if they were designed to do that, some here suggested faulty wiring as tehy were meant to switch off.

Pity tech support didn't know the product itself.

Quite.

What happened to this 'potentail' issue you were refering to.

It's still there mate.

Still where ?

Where it always was.

and where it will stay (ifn there is one) without being a problem.

Unless you can tell me exaclt ywhat the 'potentail' issue is, but I'm betting yuo can't.

Those that make the product have said it was designed that way.

Oh, you have spoken to the manufacturers as well now have you?

I haven't spoken to anyone (and neither have you so what are these potentail issues you speak of) but those at product info said.
-----------------------------------
"Unfortunately there was confusion over our initial response, the drop in power drain is due to an internal thermostat designed to lower the temperature to ensure the radiator does not overheat.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused."

Can you understand those simple words are they too difficult for you.

Where it says.
"the drop in power drain is due to an internal thermostat designed to lower the temperature to ensure the radiator does not overheat"

NO WHERE does it say the heater switches OFF.
NO WHERE does it say the heater phones home or is a danger if it switches down to 700W

So where do you get the idea that the heaters are faulty, it;s yuor head that;s faulty nothing else.

SO the potential issue is no longer a potential issue.

Yup, still is,

No it isn't.

as even a technical numbskull like you should be able
to see. Put the radiator on 700W

yuo can;t pu it on 700W ****wit.

and the stat on full and chuck a big
coat over it and see what happens. If you are confident there are no
safety issues, leave it like that overnight.

Then stick your fingers in an electric light socket, then surely we should send all electric light sockets back shouldn't we.

What about the potential of peole runnjng oput in front of cars, are yuo saying send all the cars back for repair ?