Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Friday, 24 November 2017 23:56:22 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 24 Nov 2017 04:05:22 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 23 November 2017 18:43:22 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 07:51:17 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

Everything like that mate. *If* something went wrong and you knew
about a potential issue but failed to do anything about it ...

But there was NO issue, an imaginged issue perhaps.

That's why I said 'potential' there. Only *today* have you found out
that there is no issue afa the supplier is concerned.

So why has it now changed to a 'potential' issue ?

It was always a potential issue ...

A meaningless statement then.

There will always be 'potential' issues about everything.

No there won't.

So why were these heaters always a potential issue ?

There's a potential' issue that a student might headbut the heater or fall over it.

Grow up.

Those are issues in a teaching lab I did have one student walk into one hitting his knee and nearly knocking it over.
Another student turned a heater down as it was too close to his head.

There was a potential' issue where we''d have to close the lab for perhaps weeks putting all the courses back and the studetns complaining that they hadnt covered the work needed for the exams and tests.

Or putting it all back longer if the lab caught fire.

Then at least they'd be forced to do something about it.

snip

But as there wasn't a fault

How do you know?

No one has found one.

it's a bit like moving every single resident out of all tower blocks that have any form of cladding out of their homes, where would you put them all considering they haven't found homes for the majority of those still homeless from grenfell.

No, so they take the cladding off the buildings eh.

Then why was the cladding put on ?

Sometimes you have to ignore the 'potential' issues and sort out the real issues.

Quite.

I did a quick check on 3 of them when I found ONE to be giving 700W when I thought it should be around 1.7KW consumption.

No, you repeatedly asked why it wasn't actually 2000W. Then you added
that it dropped down to 700W and not zero.

No that isn't the case.

All there in black and white mate.

then go find it.
I have NEVER asked why the heaters are at 1600, 1700, 1800 or 1900 instead of 2000W

Bwhahaha ...

General Melchett I presume.

or the tech support that you contacted, maybe you should email the person you got tech support and tell them that they could have been resaponsable for the unnessary recall of 100s or 1000s of heaters.

Or saving a few lives ... only time will tell now eh.

And if your version of tech support is anything to go by.

I was happy with the PAT tester who tests the equipment for electric safety.

And I never had any thoughts regarding their electrical safety.

So why contact tech support if there wasn't a problem ?

To make sure there wasn't.

and yuor tech suppoort said return then where as my productinfo said they are designe dto switch down to 700W. Pity tech support didn't know the product itself.

What happened to this 'potentail' issue you were refering to.

It's still there mate.

Still where ?

Those that make the product have said it was designed that way.
SO the potential issue is no longer a potential issue.

A few days later 5 of the 2KW heaters arrived YES 5 (the same as the ONE I've had in my office for 2 years)

Yes, I got that at the beginning.

you seemed to be confused over it.

That's there's nothing wrong with the heaters

Supposedly, other than they aren't actually 2kW heaters etc.

well that depends on what yuo want from a 2KW heater doesnt it.

2k I would have though, assuming a 240V supply?

Yes that's what I would have thought.
SO when I saw that only 1.6KW was being drawn at 202V unlike you I wasn't suprised, what did suprise me was that it went down to 700W.

It says on the label 2000W at 220V and 2000W at 240V,

No it doesn't.

yes it does.
220-240V- 50Hz 2000W

Unless of course you tell me what the label actualy means.

So I would have suspected that the 2KW was for 240V and that it;s be abaout 1.8KW at 220V.

Yup.

Would you have expected they would be 2KW at 200V how about 110V unlikkey you I didn't expected them to be 2KW whatever the voltage applied.

Would I? No, because I'm not stupid.

ONly yuo and a few of our worse students would expect 2KW if you connect a 9V battery between L-N because ity says it;s a 2KW heater.

Why would *I* expect that when I was the one (along with several
others) explaining it to you (over and over)?

You still got it wroing though didn't you.

and this is why I was asking the original Q .

No you weren't because if you were you would have had the thermal
calculations for the space.

Why would I have the thermal calculations for the space ?

2/ I wanted it in writing so I could forward that on to whoever would need to send the heaters back and give the account details for remburment or a credit note or whatever.

You didn't want it at all until I recommended you ask them.

I didn't think there was anything faulty with the 5 heaters.
and I have been proved right, by those that actually know the product.

I will take their (those that know the product) word for it over some idiot like you.