Roger

Default Protecting Hardwood Flooring

We use 1-inch diameter felt 3/16 to 1/4 inch thick stick-on gliders on
dining room chair legs, and special non-marring rubber caster wheels on desk
swivel chair. These nonabrasive caster wheels were sold by the office
furniture store that sold me the chair.. There are also some newer
technology, expensive, solid teflon gliders for heavy stuff like sofa legs,
but I haven't tried them. Find them at Home Despot. For chairs, avoid the
chrome gliders - they really grind on the floor, if there is any dirt on it.

"Justin Case" wrote in message

What have you folks found to work the best for protecting hardwood (not
modern laminate) floors from being scratched or marred by furniture feet
of different shapes and sizes?

Self-sticking felt? (recommended thickness?)
Plastic or rubber cups?
Both?

tia