Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default TV update my knowledge

Well a lot of tv channels will be changing next year, so its hard to advise
now. I would suggest though that you get a second set amplifier to test to
see if you can get a reliable signal to both. Otherwise you might need to do
something radical like fint a freesat box and get a dish, and pipe that
around the house or get Virgins tv offering or maybe improve the freeview
aerial, but check the new channels after the next upheaval first.
Yes I know we only just did a retune in august but the government has
flogged another section of the Review band off to the telecom companies for
mobile data use and they have to cram the tv transmitters into an even
smaller bit of space than before.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.222...
Harry Bloomfield wrote in
news
DerbyBorn used his keyboard to write :
I have a TV in the kitchen that is not receiving Freeview verey well.
I am in a poor reception area and I don't want to have a new aerial
instalation as I don't want to add any cables.
I have Virgin WiFi.
Should I be looking at things like Firestick as a way forward?
The TV is really mainly used by my wife for what I would call
traditional channels.
The TV has a HDMI and a USB socket.

Describe your antenna system installation, do other TV's in the house
work OK on Freeview?

Firestick are great for catchup, providing they have a good strong
wifi signal - but not sure they even offer live TV.

Aerial directed at Waltham. Aerial engineer recently checked signal
stength
(did he say 57db?). We are in a hollow. Aerial is on pole on T& K brackets
on wall. Aerial fed a splitter - to main TV and to kitchen TV. Splitter
removed as main TV is usually using Virgin. That was also suffering.