Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike_Duffy Mike_Duffy is offline

Default LED bulbs won't turn off in outdoor light/motion sensor base.

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 12:42:52 -0800 (PST), trader_4 wrote:

That works fine when you have an incandescent load that's 40W+ but not
when you have a CFL or LED load that's a small switching power supply.

True. Also, I have a similar motion sensor switch which is continuously
triggered as sensing motion just by the ballast circuitry in a CFL. I must
use at least one 40W incandescent in parallel with LEDs. (If just LEDs', it
ends up flashing them very briefly every few seconds when in standby, i.e.
when no motion is detected.)

NB: The upstream 'homeownershub' post is two years old, but I decided to
followup in order to possibly enlighten someone else.