Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mixdenny@gmail.com is offline

Default Sanford Surface Grinder

On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 2:18:09 PM UTC-5, Chevyman 7269 wrote:
replying to mixdenny, Chevyman 7269 wrote:
Dennis....I am a retired toolmaker & the company I worked for used at least 10
of these little sandford grinders for short run production work making special
drills, counterbores, reamers etc. They all were modified to use a Dumore
spindle, making them much more usefull. I have one in my home shop now still
being used & can send pictures if you would like.

Thanks, Chevyman. I no longer need any more photos, although I still collect serial numbers for my database as I come across them. All of my research has been published at the following link. There is quite a bit of information, both historical and descriptive. I interviewed the former president of the company numerous times, he edited the manuscript until we were happy. He still owns all the molds and tooling, but there are no plans to manufacture anything. Dennis

http://www.lathes.co.uk/sanford/