Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] musaroy75@gmail.com is offline

Default Aging cast iron = Old wife's tale?

It is baffling to me why most people here are saying day temperature has little effect on the metal. I was once told and also read that well ground gauge blocks can unite completely if left over night. This tells me that there is motion of atoms even at day temperature state of energy. I am only a toolmaker so I can't state with authority that curing of cast is important or not however I feel dismissing it based on laboratory tests conducted on limited time is fatal.