Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leaf Blower Starting Question

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 19:44:02 GMT, Iggy
m wrote:

replying to trader_4, Iggy wrote:
Yep, that's what happens when you don't question and just do as you're told.
Mine too and everything I've ever used says to prime. My primer's clear and
you can see the fuel in there, which is why I tried it. I tried it and it
worked exactly the same, I never went back to priming. By depressing the
throttle you're letting the carb do its job and you can't flood it. I've never
had a single problem from it.

The only function of the primer is to get enough gas in the carburetor
to get it to start. If the diaphragm "valves" (the ones under the big
screw) in the cheap assed Walbro are working at all the fuel will be
flowing as soon as it starts as long as the other rubber diaphragm
under the 4 screws is not punctured.