Posted to alt.home.repair
toolworker toolworker is offline

Default LED bulbs won't turn off in outdoor light/motion sensor base.

replying to swak.leete, Toolworker wrote:
I have an X10 PR511 floodlight unit that's driving me nuts. Most cycles, the
lamps in the unit remain on. I replaced it with another one bought on eBay and
it fails similarly. I did have one LED and one CF bulb in it. I'll replace
the CF with an incandescent and report back.

I tested the unit I removed using just one indoor LED bulb and it seemed to
turn off reliably, so I don't think it's the wattage. It could be
interference from some LED or CF bulbs.

Has anyone tried to update their unit? I started to open it up, intending to
replace the electrolytic capacitors, but got to where a ribbon cable had to be
removed, got leery and put it aside.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...se-860658-.htm