Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gluing Polypropylene to PVC

On Saturday, 25 November 2017 15:45:36 UTC, Michael Chare wrote:
On 25/11/2017 14:07, Andy Burns wrote:
Michael Chare wrote:

The two bits of plastic are about 1mm thick. The area to be glued is
less than a square inch.

Can't you replace both with a single piece 2mm thick and an inch square?

One of the bits of plastic is a polypropylene roof verge which I am
trying to modify because one of the rows of tiles is to far above the
row below by about 1cm. I would like to stick another two small bits of
plastic to it. These bits will be cut from an old non polypropylene
verge. It may be that I can resort to screws.

At just 1mm thick I'd be keen to spread the fixing over as wide an area as possible.

NT