Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Ring wiring question

wrote:

Hi All

I got a bit confused as to which transformers we are talking about the
shaver socket ones or the led light one? Are you saying that both need to
be fed from a fused spur? I have never noticed shaver sockets been done
this way before.

Thanks

Lee.

That's probably because they are usually supplied from the lighting
circuit, which is fused at 6 or perhaps 10 amps. I rhink they should be
on fused spur if supplied from a 32A circuit (though I am not an
electrician). Equally, if they are near together, I would supply both
transformers from the same fused spur. I thing that is, at worst, a
mild stylistic fault, especially if their combined maximum current is
well under 3A.

--

Roger Hayter