Joseph Meehan

Default Electrical question

"volts500" wrote in message
. ..

If anyone in this NG needs to stop giving electrical advice, Tomi Boi,

it's
_YOU_. A multiwire branch circuit needs to have simultaneous

disconnection
of all ungrounded conductors _only_ if the it is supplying a device or
equipment on the _same_ yolk, such as a split wired duplex receptacle.

Did
_not_ the OP say that he was going to install two duplex receptacle

devices?
In that case a double pole breaker is not required, or, like Steve pointed
out, may not be desired.

I am going to step in here and note that you are right the original
question did suggest two (or more) duplex receptacles. I however did
suggest that a single receptacle could be split.

This thread does prove one thing. FOLLOW the CODE! Following the code
keeps everyone safe. Failing to do that and trying to guess what is safe,
is not smart. There are far too many twist and turns that can result in
dangerous situations for anyone to think they know better than the code.

I do appreciate all the good advice (and some of the not so good) I read
here. It seems we have enough good minds that in the end, the good advice
comes to the top.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math