Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default Electrical safety

Martin Brown wrote in
news
On 24/11/2017 09:16, DerbyBorn wrote:

Hate to think what dangerous set-ups people make with their outside
fairy lights in their desperation to convice us they are having a
happy Xmas

The ones I know actually do quite a good job of waterproofing any
outdoor mains connections. Most of his stuff is hideous animated
angels and santa sleighs. He had one thing that I really did admire.

It was a christmas tree rendered as a equispaced spiral LED light pipe
cone hanging down from an almost invisible vertical Persex pole. Not
unlike this one but in pure green and without the star.

http://media.thepartypeople.com.au/m...cache/1/image/
1380x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/T/H/THP-23476.jpg

It swayed very pleasingly in the wind.

These days a lot of outdoor stuff is low voltage.

They still need to plug in the control box.