Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Johnson[_4_] Peter Johnson[_4_] is offline

Default I need to scan a lot of photographs ... how?

On Sat, 25 Nov 2017 10:29:47 +0000, wrote:

Have you considered photographing them? The set-up takes a while but
then it's very quick. I use a greenhouse as a studio and choose a cloudy
day. I've done thousands of archive pictures that way.

Bill

I did, but I've only got a phone camera. Also, the faff of having to lay
them all out on some sort of grid didn't really appeal

I think you mis-understand. Why would you need to lay them out? Just
photograph them one at a time. Better if you can put the phone in a
clamp to hold it in place. Be mutch faster than scanning. Be even
better if you could borrow a proper camera, even a compact one. The
lens/quality would be much better.