Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default Laptop Video screen capture

In message , Andy Burns
writes
Bill wrote:

I've used VSDC Free Screen Recorder in the past which works well enough
for video, but only offers the internal laptop mic for audio
The laptop in question doesn't have a "What you hear" audio recording
option

I you don't have a "stereo mix" driver, you could try adding one

http://stereomixplus.com

Thanks, Andy. I installed that. I didn't like the 30 day free trial's
feature of making the laptop say "Trial" out loud every few minutes and
couldn't actually make it work as a virtual audio driver with VSDC
without a howl round from the mic/speaker.

Removing this and the BBC iPlayer downloader at the same time seemed to
screw up the registry settings for the sound card in a big way.
Eventually got it back after several soundcard reinstalls and reboots.

It did make me remember that I have got a licence for "Total Recorder"
which also has a selection of different virtual drivers. I've used it
extensively in the past and it was always been excellent as a stand
alone program or integrated with other audio interfaces, but failed
miserably last night. I think there may be some quirk about the audio in
this laptop, so I'll have to look into it at leisure. TR is cheaper than
the other software, so I'll persevere with that.

Thanks for triggering the thoughts of the virtual audio integration.
--
Bill