Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default One for the burglar alarmists.

In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Michael Chare
writes
On 23/11/2017 08:36, Tim Lamb wrote:
First fix electrical only laid in one 6 core for a door switch but
forgot about needing a button set for that alternative access.
I assume one 6 way can't do both jobs?
Hard wired preferred as I'm frightened of relying on wi-fi:-)

The Texecom keypad that I have allows up to two alarms to be attached
to it. The keypad itself needs 4 wires, two of which are for power.

Only my PIRs and fire alarms need 4 wires, two of which are power which
can be shared. Door alarms are just two wire.

We are some way off occupation but I guess no reason not to get an alarm
installed professionally. I hope to avoid the annual maintenance
contract merrygoround!

Think you might have problems getting a cabled alarm installed to the same
standards as decent DIY. Like concealing all the cables. The labour costs
would be enormous.

I'm on my second self installed alarm. Both came from TLC. First one had
to be changed when the remote keypad - a membrane type - failed and I
couldn't repair it or find a new replacment.

Neither has required any 'maintenance' other than replacement of the
battery.

--
*Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.