Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Ring wiring question

Unless the transformer alread has a fuse as some seem to these days. One
thing that has annoyed me though about transformers is how badly some of
them buzz, particularly when mounted on a woooden surface. Can we really not
make normal mains transformers that are silent any more. I don't like
switch mode as then they run they kick out crap and when they fail you find
they tend to go bang!
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
wrote:
Hi all

I have extended the ring main into a cupboard in my bathroom to power
some shaver sockets. As part of the ring I need to power some 12v led
strip lights.

I was planning on using a standard light switch with the following wiring
- connect the 2 neutrals from the ring to the neutral of the transformer
- connect both lives of the ring to one side of the switch - connect the
live of the transformer to the other side of the switch. - transformer
does not require earth so connect the 2 earth's of the ring together.

For some reason I think I have missed something so wanted to double check
with you guys just in case.

This should be done through a fused spur.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England