Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default diesel

In message . com,
"dennis@home" writes
On 23/11/2017 17:41, Terry Casey wrote:

A few months later I was talking to another retired man who
had fallen into the diesel trap and paying heavily for the
mistake.

Don't these people read the manual so they know what the warning you
get about the filter means?
You just need a quick run at about 50 when the *warning light* comes on.

Huh! I've yet to find one on our 1600cc Fiesta.

The only indication something is going on is a marked drop off in
acceleration. This usually happens to me as I get the motorway driving.
No dashboard indication of any sort.

The engine stays in this mode until the ignition is cycled. Can be done
on the move:-)

--
Tim Lamb