Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default DECT phones

On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 15:39:55 +0000
alan_m wrote:

On 23/11/2017 15:28, newshound wrote:
I have a BT 2000 dect phone with one extension. I could do with a
couple more remote handsets off the one base unit. Am I right in
thinking that other makes or models should be compatible or do I
need to stick with BT? Are 2100 or 2200 likely to be compatible?

Other makes/models will will compatible with the basic functionality
such as answering or making a phone call. Where they may/will not be
compatible is in base station to handset communication for functions
such as auto setting/syncing of the clock, displaying a common phone
book, reporting that you have an answer-phone message etc.

Exactly. I have a Panasonic base and two handsets, and a Philips
handset. It will receive and make calls, but that's about it. And I
can't now set the time locally, and it doesn't sync. with the base!

--
Davey.