Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default One for the burglar alarmists.

On 23/11/2017 08:36, Tim Lamb wrote:
First fix electrical only laid in one 6 core for a door switch but
forgot about needing a button set for that alternative access.

I assume one 6 way can't do both jobs?

Hard wired preferred as I'm frightened of relying on wi-fi:-)

The chubb alarms I used to fit in banks only needed four core for
everything.
These modern ones aren't well designed.

One pair will be power, one the alarm circuit and the last one the anti
tamper.

You can wire the alarm circuit through the the anti-tamper switches to
protect the boxes while the alarm is set and use the anti-tamper pair
for something else at the expense of 24hr anti-tamper.
The power you can wire in parallel to feed more sensors if the circuit
isn't too long.