Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
JNugent[_4_] JNugent[_4_] is offline

Default British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

On 23/11/2017 07:15, Vidcapper wrote:

On 22/11/2017 15:34, JNugent wrote:

Credit cards, used carefully and responsibly, can give the holder up to
six weeks credit and incur *no* interest at all. I spend about £13,000 a
year on my Amex card (which I signed up for in 2000) and I have never
paid a penny to American Express for any reason whatsoever.

It might have been 2001, now I think of it.

Not even to settle your monthly account?

That money goes to the suppliers (to whom I would otherwise owe the
money), not to Amex for anything they've done for me.

The relationship between the suppliers and Amex is not a matter of
concern for me.

Annually, I also get ‰ƒ1% of my Amex spend back, credited to my account
in July (the anniversary of contracting for the card back in 2000 or
2001). The Amex account saves money, effectively off the purchase price,
as well as by affording the cardholder up to six weeks' interest-free
credit.