Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Mike is offline

Default canbus

I reckon that driverless cars (or something similar) will become the
norm sometime in the future. At present there are about 1,800 people
killed every year on British roads. A driverless system could reduce
that to nearly zero.

How about: Just walk into your hall were there is a panel on the wall
into which you place your order for a car at a certain time to go to a
certain place (just like a mini cab) and it will turn up, you get in
and you're off. I think that's what the famous app-driven mini-car
company are aiming for; Then they won't even have to pay the gig
economy drivers because there won't be any.

If 1,800 people were being killed in UK aircraft crashes every year
there would be an outcry, but for the illusion of freedom that the car
gives us we apparently accept the deaths as a reasonable price to pay.

Don't get me wrong, I love most driving and have a 230bhp car that is
absolutely brilliant fun. Mind you, I still prefer cycling, when the
weather's clement
- Mike