Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 04:19:37 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

Telling me to send the items back

I told you to do no such thing. I suggested they may be faulty and you
might raise the issue with the supplier and / or the manufacturer.

Which is what I have done after being able to check all 5 of teh 5 we were given.

Ok, that's a step in the right direction then.

when I don't believe anything is worng

What you *believe* is irrelevant

No it isn't,

Good.

if I believe something is dangerous I need to take it out of action so thinking is important.

Yes, you do ... and it's not the taking it out of action that should
be the big decision but any delays in *not* taking it out of action.

snip

and then we'd have to close the lab resulting in delayed corses and a back log.

Irrelevant. That's possibly like leaving the same insulation tiles on
other buildings like Grenfell because it will make them colder.

Nothing like that at all.

Everything like that mate. *If* something went wrong and you knew
about a potential issue but failed to do anything about it ...

snip

shrug See how much help they 'don't give' if you suggest there could
be a safety issue and therefore a potential threat to life.

which I can only do after I have checked them all.

Even one faulty one could be an issue ... but 'of course' you could
also rest more and I thought you said you already had (because you
kept denying it was likely to be a batch fault as they all acted the
same)?

I asked them a question without buying the product in question myself
and they replied pretty quickly and willing to take it further?

I sent my email this morning as I have now checked them.

Good.

Tested all 5 heaters and they apparently all have exactly the same 'problem' or 'fault' which to me seems unlikely.

There you go again with you blinkers and denial.

It's not denial

Of course it is as you would have done something sooner rather than
arguing with me why there was no need and why you shouldn't?

I'm the one testing these things out, who else has done this.

You said you had a testing guy come in and do it any you were happy he
found them safe?

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however
improbable, must be the truth".

Yes sherlock.

;-)

But I hadn't eliminated the impossible.

So, what do you know today that you didn't know last week?

snip

for some strange reason yuo say yuo used the email address for sales where as I clicked on the link Log a Technical Query, which is what I have.

You accused me of contacting sales rather than TS. I contacted TS via
the email they offer for TS shrug.

I want to know what consumption a 2KW heater should consume, as indicated by the subject line from teh very first post.

And you didn't know that after measuring it, posting and the fist few