Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Henson[_2_] Bob Henson[_2_] is offline

Default coffee grinders

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

When I was a wean I was terrified by big cast iron coffee grinders in shop
windows with two big cast iron wheels and the smell was overpowering....they
seemed to be massive but probably were like the one in this
picture.......was the early 50's anybody else remember these? ....and did
you grind your own coffee beans or did the shop keeper do it for
you...anybody know if there are any still in use in shops? ...

https://p1.liveauctioneers.com/209/4...pjpg&auto=webp

Rave Coffee in Cirencester is an interesting place to visit.

https://ravecoffee.co.uk/

They import, grind, roast and blend coffees. If you call in they have a
tiny cafe with a glass wall so you can look down into the work area and see
it all going on.

https://goo.gl/Txi44e

The smell, or course, is amazing. You can buy their coffees there or they
post them free for orders over £25. I don't have any commercial connection
- I'm just a satisfied customer.

--
Bob
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

Cat - a partially domesticated animal who keeps you as a pet.