Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default Drill press stands

In message ,
writes

If there is nothing wrong with your drill just leave it be and get a
pillar drill of a quality to suit what you wish to do with it.
It will save all the delay when you want to do some vertical drilling
but then decide it is not worth setting it up for one hole, find it
goes wrong and you should have used it in the first place.

Agreed! I bought a pillar drill by Silverline, following conversations
here. OK, perhaps not a precision instrument, but it suits my needs
and, because it just sits there, I use it. I probably wouldn't bother
if I had to set it up with a separate drill before every use.
--
Graeme