Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default coffee grinders

There used to be one in Putney. You could smell it a mile away.
I like the smell but the taste of coffee never really appealed to me. I've
been told many times I am peculiar. I agree but that is nothing to do with
coffee!
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
When I was a wean I was terrified by big cast iron coffee grinders in shop
windows with two big cast iron wheels and the smell was
overpowering....they seemed to be massive but probably were like the one
in this picture.......was the early 50's anybody else remember these?
....and did you grind your own coffee beans or did the shop keeper do it
for you...anybody know if there are any still in use in shops? ...

https://p1.liveauctioneers.com/209/4...pjpg&auto=webp