Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Drill press stands

The one I used to have was made for a drill by the same maker. It merely
uses two studs on the chuck end and an adjustable clamp as I recall.
However if you really want accuracy, then sticking a normal hand drill into
a single pole stand is not the way to get it I soon found!
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Dan S. MacAbre" wrote in message
news
Since people are asking me about Christmas present ideas, I thought of
asking someone to get me a drill stand (as I used to call them). There've
been many times I wished I had one, but I never got one. Trouble is, I'm
not sure if my 30-year old B&D drill will fit anything modern. Should I
go ahead and suggest that someone get me one (after I've looked at some
reviews)? Are they no good? Will I need a new drill?