Posted to rec.woodworking
Iggy Iggy is offline

Default Bandsaw dust collection

replying to G Ross, Iggy wrote:
Don't bother, they're all horrible. Move yours. You can easily remove the door
or the opposite panel and temporarily replace them with cardboard until you
find the sweet spots. I don't even have a bandsaw, but I got my buddy setup
real nice years ago with top and bottom ports in a very bathtub plumbing style
arrangement.

Virtually no dust in the wheelhouse and even sucked dust from the cut and
table. Smaller diameter PVC pipe and fittings turned out to be key for a
strong and focused instant removal. A bunch of bad ideas are all over YouTube
(unbelievably they continue today) and I'm glad I hadn't seen them at the time.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...on-812450-.htm