Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 23:04:55 +0000, (Roger Hayter)
wrote:

T i m wrote:

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 22:00:01 +0000,
(Roger Hayter)
wrote:
snip

No, you may well be right but that might at least open up a trading
standards question?

It would have to be an unequivocally false statement rather than simply
marketing hype for a business customer to have a valid complaint.

Sure, I'm not saying it would be black and white etc.

After all, they probably do provide 2kW in the open air at -10degC.

They also provide 2kW for around two hours in a room that is around
(if I remember correctly) sub 16 DegC.

dave also reported that the surface temperature of the radiator was
about 98 DegC so that is quite a differential?

Cheers, T i m

Yes, but for a business to business transaction I reckon that falls
under caveat emptor.

Really, even for something like that that *could* be a safety issue?

A consumer might have a pretty hard task proving
it wasn't accurately described to a small claims court, but I don't
think Trading Standards would be very interested even then.

But if a 2kW heater doesn't give off 2kW under 'typical' conditions,
is it 'of merchantable quality'? (or whatever the terms are)?

It might
help if anyone knows how common such limited heat convection is among
competing products.

It would indeed.

Cheers, T i m