Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Tecumseh help

On Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 1:10:37 PM UTC-5, Steve Kraus wrote:
I thought I knew the answer to this but I better check: Does the terminal
on the magneto get grounded to activate ignition or grounded to kill it?

I believe this is a fully solid state unit; no points. What resistance
readings should I see from that terminal to ground, from the plug wire to
ground, and from the plug wire to that terminal?

Did you check for compression? I just did that on my leaf blower that's
giving me trouble. I held my finger over the spark plug hole and pulled
it a few times. I can feel a little suction, no pressure. Sounds like
a stuck piston ring or worse. Should have a gauge to do it right, but
mine is so bad it's obvious. At least that's the theory of the moment.