Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_11_] Graham.[_11_] is offline

Default Drill press stands

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 20:37:44 +0000, "Dan S. MacAbre"
coalesced the vapors of human experience into a viable and meaningful
comprehension...

Since people are asking me about Christmas present ideas, I thought of
asking someone to get me a drill stand (as I used to call them).
There've been many times I wished I had one, but I never got one.
Trouble is, I'm not sure if my 30-year old B&D drill will fit anything
modern. Should I go ahead and suggest that someone get me one (after
I've looked at some reviews)? Are they no good? Will I need a new drill?

I recently got the Powerfix one from Lidl, it's nothing to write home
about, particularly the included vice, which is rubbish, but it's good
enough for my usage and it was cheap. I was worried about my drill of
the same vintage, but if yours has the same collar behind the chuck as
my BOSCH CSB 520-2E
https://tinyurl.com/y8jny8qz
then it will fit. I think the diameter is 42mm
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%