Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toilet manufactured incorrectly?

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 11:45:33 -0800, leenowell wrote:

So.... I have done some investigation. I remembered I had bought a USB
inspection camera ages ago so put that behind the toilet to see if I
could see what the issue was. To be honest it wasn't easy / conclusive
but there were drips on the top of the pan connector so an going with
the theory that it is the flush pipe. Have pushed it is a bit from
behind (hardly moved) but... The drip seems to have stopped as far as I
can tell. Will keep an eye on it but suspect this is not really it.
Fingers crossed.

Years ago, in a different house, I had a persistent drip from the flush
connector (old high level cistern). I couldn't move cistern or pan, but
they *seemed* in line. There was a rubber boot over the joint, and it
'wept' slightly.

In the end a piece of 2.5mm cable (out of T+E) made a good sealing clip,
twisted together with pliers at the ends...