Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
JNugent[_4_] JNugent[_4_] is offline

Default British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

In article ,
JNugent wrote:
It could well be an adequate stop gap for the reasonably well healed.
Who can manage to exist on savings etc until any benefits come
through. They might well be able to exist for a short term without
running ups debts.

You don't need to be rich (or anywhere near rich) for that. You just
need a way of balancing out liabilities, with an overdaraft, credit
card, etc. Such facilities do not necessarily lead to extraindebtedness
medium to long term. They just allow you spend at a normal rate without
worrying about exactly when pay-day is. I did it for years.

That's exactly how I managed during a prolonged strike, with no strike
pay. Held out long enough to get a massive pay rise. Not what you want to
read, though. ;-)

Fine by me, I assure you.

Thanks for the confirmation that a little bit of forethought and forward
planning, of the sort that everyone should exercise, helps with
money-management in the short term.