Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Tecumseh help

On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 13:49:43 -0800 (PST), trader_4 wrote:

If it finished off that carb in two days, that would be something.
I know there are issues with ethanol gas, but I've been using it in
mowers and blowers for 25 years without problems, unless you count
the carb on this blower that failed after maybe 8 years and would
not pump gas. Kind of odd it would
all happen now and screw a new carb in two days. But I guess it's a
theory, that the Chinese carbs have something in them that fails
from ethanol in just a couple days. It would explain Steve having
a similar problem. I'm letting it sit overnight, with the plug out,
air it out, try again tomorrow. IF that doesn't work, then I'll take
the carb apart and see what's doing.

My old string trimmer wouldn't start - not getting gas. My son fixed it and said the gas
tube had basically dissolved in the gas tank. He had it running fine at his house.
But when I went to use it, it wouldn't start. Might have gunked up the carb.
It's +10 years old. Might let him have another try at it, but I'll probably just buy
another one in the spring.