Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Tecumseh help

On Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 3:32:02 PM UTC-5, wrote:

If none of that works, then since you've been running it rich for a while or
off and on, you may be dealing with the wrong end and need to torch or scrape
the carbon off the muffler. Very uncommon for 4-cycles to build-up enough to
choke-out the engine, but definitely worth removal from the checklist.

the timing could also be off..

did you hit something with the blade?

do you know about the "shear key"

mark

Not to hijack his thread, but I had another thread here about my Sears
leaf blower, how the carb would not pump gas. So, I too bought one of
those Chinese carbs. I reported the other day how great it worked,
it started on the first pull. I used it for about an hour that day
it worked great. Today I went to use it again, this time it was hard
to start. I finally got it to fire though, and then it ran fine again,
I used it for about 20 mins. Half an hour later, it won't start!

Like Steve's this one acts like it isn't getting gas. The plug was dry,
I checked it has spark. So, like Steve, I sprayed some starting fluid
right into it, figuring it would at least fire on that. No joy. Tried
several times, with the choke on full, half, off etc. I tried holding
the throttle wide open and pulling it many times, as you'd do if it was
flooded. The only thing I did to it was that when it was last running,
I adjusted the idle speed screw so it idled a little faster. I even
tried unscrewing that a turn, back to about where it was. The way it's
supposed to start is a few pumps of the bulb, pull it with choke on full
until it fires, then half choke and pull till it starts.

Finally gave up for the day. I'll let it set until tomorrow
and try again. Maybe it's time for a new blower. But it's funny that
it's similar problem to Steve's, even though this is a 2 cycle, different
carb, etc.