Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW[_2_] ARW[_2_] is offline

Default Google is too clever

On 21/11/2017 17:58, Chris B wrote:
On 21/11/2017 12:30, Tim Watts wrote:
On 20/11/17 19:27, ARW wrote:

I am both in awe and worried. Some of those places I have never been to.

Now these are not always places I have put into a Google search entry.

Those places will be somewhere picked up by a GPS enabled Android
device that's logged in as you and enabled for location history.

I have been watching my location history for some time.Â* A couple of
years ago I spent a day at the Great Dorset steam fair.Â* As far as my
location history was concerned I had spent most of the day in a field in
Dorset with a couple of quick trips during the day to Liverpool.

I can only assume that the portable mobile mast being used at the GDSF
had previously been used in Liverpool and was reporting a false location
- to Google at least if not to the telcos.

Other than that it has been pretty good.

If using location history on a PC the settings cog allows you to show
raw data which comes complete with an error ring

And it also shows photos taken on the day!

--
Adam