tflfb

Default Bathroom exhaust fans venting in attic. Problem?

I tried that ....up through the roof then I had condensation dripping out of
the exhaust fan in the winter I exited it to the soffit.

Tom

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message

Rob wrote:

Hello,
I was doing some cable fishing in my attic today and I noticed that
two of the bathrooms on the second floor have their exhaut fans
terminating in the attic. Actually the end of the exhaust duct is
laying on the soffit vent. Is this proper under most building codes?
The attic has good ventilation with the soffit and ridge vents. But I
am still not happy with what the builder did.

I was thinking of using a wall cap and cutting a 5''x5'' hole in the
soffit and venting it this way as opposed to putting another PVC stack
thru the roof. Has anyone tried this before and is it any better than
what the builder did?

Your builder should be hung as he obviously violated
building codes. No exhaust vent may terminate in the
attic. Anything you do is better than what he did, so you
could run it out the soffit, but the best solution is to run
the vent up through the roof.