Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Pan Tiles

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:

My local tip does have a skip for hardcore. But doesn't allow vans to that
bit, so limited to what a car etc can carry.

You're lucky. Ours charges £5 for a measly sized compost bag worth of
hardcore disposal. It has resulted in a lot of rural fly tipping

(and for asbestos waste which to their credit they do also accept).

Our local one (Wandsworth, on the river in the apt named Smuggler's Way)
seems to be happy to take anything that will go into a car or estate for
free. Excepting 'chemicals'.

It's a relatively new facility. Replaced the old one perhaps 30 years ago.
When all that river front was abandoned warehouses, etc. Now they've gone
and replaced by v. expesive high rise 'luxury appartments'. Who are
lobbying to have the waste transfer place closed.

It was very useful when I was refurbishing my daughter's flat, just off the
Wandsworth One Way system.
-

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England