Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Tuesday, 21 November 2017 15:45:06 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 05:38:07 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

I know you don't, in spite of me explaining it several times and
suggesting you check one yourself (wiring) and contact the supplier /
manufacturer.

Not interested when 3 of the 5 all do the same just like it says in the supplied manual.

snip

'Sent: 15 November 2017 13:42
To: CPC Sales
Subject: PEL00489, Functionality?

Hi,

I am trying to assist someone determine if they have a problem with
one of the:

Portable Black 2kW Oil Filled Radiator With 9 Fins - PEL0048

When they have both elements / heats on and the thermostat on full, it
appears that after a while the overtemp stat kicks in *but*, the
heater only drops back to the low power (~700W) setting, not off
completely?

Can you confirm that this the way the overtemp protection function
should work please?

All the best, T i m'

Their reply:

'Hello,

Many thanks for your email and my apologies for this error.
Our technical team have advised that they believed this to be faulty.

If you can advise of the order details for this order this can be
logged for you.

Kind regards,

CPC Sales team
03447 88 00 88'

I don't expect any thanks btw.

That's up to those that ordered them, and if I should tell those that ordered them they ordered faulty equipment they won't like it.
There's already an offical complaint about me complaining that they were breaking the 1992 factories act so they have put a complaint of sexist attitude on my record and I can't do anything about it and I don't really care.
If you look in the news you'll find the Russel group of prestigous universites and not exactly doing what you'd expect and I'd prefer to wait until I retire until I really hit out at them.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-lecturers-pay

But beofore the heaters get returned I'll check them again then tell estates and they can tell financne and they can tell themselves and in a few years time they might do something about it.

Afterall it only took a few months to get the 'emergency' phone to be repaired.
And about 7 years for my lab phone to be replaced after the batteries leaked.

Once we've finsihed with the heaters then and only then will I tell them to send them back otherwise it'll end up being my job and I really don't want to repackage and send back 10 or more heaters.