Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower tray - which one?

On 21/11/2017 11:32, JoeJoe wrote:
I am after a 1000x900 rectangle shower tray at a sensible price.

As the dimensions are less common, the choice is somewhat restricted.
There are quite a few "acrylic capped stone resin" ones available
(acrylic surface, reinforced with resin/stone from below I assume?), but
hardly any all-resin/stone ones.

I reckon that apart from the tricky part of installing them once
installed on a bed of mortar there is little to choose between them.
Don't underestimate how hard it is to handle a big one in a tight space!

Of the very few later ones that are available, I am struggling to find
one with the waste at the desired position and the correct depth for the
tray (they all seem to be very shallow/low-profile nowadays, and there
are too many people with long hair in this house, so a flood looks
inevitable...).

I have been impressed by how well the low profile trays behave when used
with a high flow rate drain there doesn't seem to be a problem. YMMV

--
Regards,
Martin Brown